Since 2014, Shiva Foundation has been bringing different stakeholders together who want to use their skills, resources and networks to make a positive social impact. One way Shiva Foundation accomplished this was through its Women for Change programme.
The programme brought together like-minded leaders over five events, who used their skills, resources and networks to make a positive contribution to a range of vital societal and environmental issues, such as human trafficking and climate change. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our members, supports and partners for their contribution.
Some of the Women for Change achievements:
- Over 300 individuals were reached from a variety of notable NGOs, businesses and the government.
- 110 women had the opportunity to participate in breakfast seminars and workshops on issues of human trafficking in the UK, violence against women & girls, and driving social change in businesses.
- 23 speakers shared their experiences working to make a positive social impact in NGOs, at local authorities, within social enterprises, with the UK government and among local communities.
Through our Women for Change events, members committed to investing their time and skills in a variety of ways, including:
- Becoming board members at newly formed NGOs.
- Mentoring survivors of trafficking.
- Assisting with strategic planning of NGOs.
- Establishing corporate support partnerships with NGOs.
- Nominating a charity for corporate sponsorship.
- Providing financial support.
- Giving pro-bono and in kind assistance.
- Providing meeting room spaces for events and training.
- Becoming an advocate for an important cause.