The Donor Network is a collection of UK-based funders who actively invest in anti-human trafficking initiatives. The Network hosts regular conversations within the funder community in order to share approaches as well as support a departure from traditional grant-making to innovative and engaged change-making.
This unique approach highlights that independent funders are committed to taking action and determined to work together with others to address this issue. It provides a safe space for funders to share learning and information and ask questions.
The Network aims to:
- Provide opportunities to develop new relationships and collaborative working between funders;
- Gain a better understanding of the work different UK-based funders are doing both domestically and internationally;
- Create opportunities to learn about the different strategies adopted by funders;
- Build relationships amongst funders and other stakeholders in order to add value to funding initiatives, for example, with government, academia, the media, the voluntary and community sector and corporate sector;
- Provide a neutral space to focus on how to improve and develop effective funding processes and practices;
- Share information, learning and good practice amongst funders and more widely with the sector; and
- Create a basis for mapping the sector and broadening understanding of grant-making in this area as a whole.